Sunday, October 30, 2016

Surgery Setbacks & Gains

I had oral surgery about 10 days ago to remove an abscessed tooth and a large area of infection below it. After the surgery, I was much worse in regards to my vestibular symptoms. I had a lot of fatigue and the vertigo returned for a few days. However, I am feeling much better now than I was last week. In fact, I think my vestibular symptoms have improved since I had the tooth removed. It was a rear molar, and the infection was quite large and close to my left ear canal. I am wondering if that was playing a role in my vestibular symptoms. My energy levels have improved since I had the tooth removed. I am sure the infection below the tooth was making me feel more tired than normal.

Fluorescent lights and computer screens are still a struggle for me. I am not sure if that part is going to leave or not.

I haven't gone back to vestibular rehab due to the cost, since my insurance only covers a percentage of it. I might try another appointment if the budget allows in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment