Monday, October 10, 2016

Good Days and Bad Days, Vestibular Rehab

I worked a shift on Wednesday morning. It went better than I expected. I was still dizzy and off-balance, but it wasn't too bad. This past week has been a struggle. I have not had too many good days. I was getting used to having them more and more. But as with any vestibular illness, it seems like there is progress and regression. The neck pain has been quite bad this past week.

I have occupied myself with working on my novel. I had written about half of the book, and it wasn't flowing really well. I thought on my plot and my characters and made some lists of character attributes, and worked out an alternative beginning for my story. I wrote about 10 pages of the rewrite in Word today, and it really turned out much better than I thought it would. My main character are much better and the book is easier to read. My goal is to have the whole story written down within the next 6 months. I intend to spend the next year rewriting and editing it. Then I will get up the courage to print off the manuscript and see if it gets published. If not, I will self-publish.

Thursday is going to be a big test for me and my endurance. It sounds selfish because we have a funeral to attend. Since we are in the procession, we must be up very early and across the city by 8:45am. The procession leaves at 9am and goes until about 10am, when we all arrive at the church for the funeral service. Once the funeral service is over around noon, we will be in the procession to the cemetery. I also will be putting on makeup and dressing nicely. I am trying to rest myself up so that I can do it on Thursday. I am a little nervous about how I'll feel.

Friday was my first Vestibular Rehab appointment. I am not extremely optimistic about it. It is very expensive ($40 per visit with insurance). They gave me some gaze stability exercises. It did not seem like it was going to help me overmuch. I will probably go a few more times as finances allow. I honestly think just walking and doing normal activities is the best thing. But I have not waited this long (nearly 8 weeks) for nothing.

Feeling a bit down on myself and am thinking about seeing a psychiatrist for an anti-depressant.


No comments:

Post a Comment